Saturday, November 6, 2010

Grandpa Gifford's Birthday


I have discovered a new talent. I have had a lot of fun decorating cakes this year. This is the latest cake that a made for my Dad's birthday. I made two cake mixes in loaf pans in order to make the large boat. The two whales and the smaller boat were carved out of the scraps left over from the big boat. The crap, octopus and all the boat decorations are made from toostie rolls of various flavors, just molded into their shapes. The life preserver is a vanilla tootsie roll rolled out then made into a circle with red vine strips for the stripes. The ocean is blue jello broken up and spread around. I also have swedish fish in the jello to look like fish swimming in the ocean. The sails are attached with regular wooden skewers. I had a lot of fun and my Dad really liked it!









No comments:

Post a Comment